What You Need To Know About Roofing Quotes?
What You Need To Know About Roofing Quotes?
Well howdy there neighbor, may life in the Greater Houston area be treating you and your family well these days! If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you’re doing some prudent homeowner homework.
You’ve narrowed down your manufacturer to GAF – an extremely safe and secure choice for your home and your investment – and now you’re researching GAF Master Elite roofing installers for initial quotes.
Wait, isn’t that right? Just to be sure, here’s the basics of getting a professional replacement roofing system through GAF:
- To get their incredible coverage options, they need to ensure you have complete comprehensive systems in place. Not just a bunch of products from this company and that company, tossed together by your average Texas roofer.
- This means your roof needs to be composed of their top-to-bottom systems that include everything – the shingles, leak barriers, hip & ridge shingles, roof deck, the starter strips, other underlayment, ventilation & attic vents if applicable, accessories, etc.
- The next step of quality control is GAF has a very strict, demanding installation process to go along with their systems. To get their amazing coverage (not including what you get through your installer) the roof needs to be installed by a GAF-Certified roofer.
- After your new roof has been installed, GAF sends out one of their own specialists to conduct an extensive inspection to again, ensure it suits their standards and warranty specifications.
How’s that for peace of mind and securing the future of your home’s roof?
That said, let’s imagine you call us up and ask one of our roofing specialists or consultants to come on out and provide you with a quote on different GAF options.
Here at Houston Roofing & Construction it’s honestly our favorite part of the process, secondly only to the ‘A job well done!’ assessment at the end of your project.
The Basics of Your Roofing Quote
First, you’ve got two major pillars:
- Materials Costs
- Labor Costs
Because you’re working with the largest roofing manufacturer in North America with 100 years of company history behind it…you’re going to get some good deals on material costs. Your Houston Roofing & Construction consultant will happily walk you through the details line-by-line but there’s no surprises involved.
There’s no surprises. None of the shady markup nonsense you need to watch out for. With millions upon millions of customers stretching back generations, you’ll know exactly what to expect.
Consider what it’s like to get a car at a qualified Ford Dealership vs. a used car lot. The differences are fairly obvious.
With Labor costs, it’s all about your installer.
- Who are they?
- Are they RCAT Certified?
- Are they Master Elite Certified?
- How long have they been in business?
- When you research their Customer Reviews, is the common theme related to quoting ‘Fair, Transparent & Professional’ or ‘Way off course, way above average quotes’?
- On the other hand, are they trying to offer ‘Free Roof’ scams, or prices that sound too good to be true?
While you can tell a lot about a roofer by their consultation process and the level of professionalism in their paperwork and process, that’s simply not enough. Ensure you’re dealing with a GAF Master Elite-certified installer like Houston Roofing & Construction. This goes a long way in ensuring the quote you get is a quality one.
What Else Should Be Included?
Once your new roof in Houston is in the hands of well-vetted professionals, the process progresses like clockwork. Just to be thorough, let’s go through a few other details you can expect from a quality roofit quote to help you make the best decision.
- Transparent Company Payment Info: Of course the quote should supply you with proper company information, payment due dates, methods of payment, all the financials packed nearly and uniformly for easy inspection and reference.
- Project Timeline Estimate: Working with a long-standing Houston-only roofer like Houston Roofing & Construction ensures a timely and orderly project with a reasonable and transparent timeline.
- Full Legal Description of Scope of Work: You don’t need them to write a novel, just spell out in user-friendly and clear language what’s being agreed to in terms of overall scope for your roof replacement.
- GAF Warranty Information: The specific warranty information regarding the roofing system and accessories you choose.
- Installer Coverage Information: In our case, we’ll outline your stress-free, and true peace of mind coverage on labor.
- Insurance & Legal Info: The quote should also contain pertinent company information regarding insurance, who to call, licensing, any permitting info, etc.
- Any Additional Charges: These are agreed upon by you and your installer. Usually these are additional things we need to do to get your job done right. This could include demolition of your old roof, or perhaps we’re providing some extra service to make your experience with us easier and more convenient.
Again, these are just the basics so you have a good idea what to expect. Hopefully you’re feeling more comfortable about what you need to know about roofing quotes. As long as you choose a great manufacturer and a high-quality, local, well-known GAF-certified installer like Houston Roofing & Construction, you should have an experience like all our other customers over the years. We look forward to hearing from you soon.