Why Are Strong Roofing Warranties So Important?
The Two Big Warranties You MUST Have
When you have a new roof installed on your home here in Houston, you want the reassurance that it will last for a long time. Having a strong warranty is just one of the ways that you can have peace of mind when making this upgrade to your home.
Why exactly is a strong warranty important when deciding on a new roof for your home? We have the top reasons why a strong warranty is vital and what you should be looking for!
1. Warranty For Product Quality
When a strong warranty is given to a roof based on the product alone, it can be a huge stress relief. The manufacturer is only going to give a warranty to products they trust and know are dependable to use in a home.
These types of warranties state the manufacturer is willing to compensate you if the product (asphalt, metal, etc.) were to fall short of expectations.
2. Workmanship Warranty
While the type of roof material you opt to use is a big part of the decision to replace a roof on your home, the people who do the work are just as important.
When you opt for professional roofing companies that offer a workmanship warranty, this speaks to their success rate, as well as their confidence in what they do. This warranty ensures the roofers know how to install this product properly so it functions as it should.
What Happens Without A Warranty
Believe it or not, there are many roofing contractors out there who have no type of warranty on the product they are installing or on their installation processes. Sadly, many homeowners end up finding out the hard way what happens.
So, why should you be concerned with the warranty? Consider these types of disasters:
- The roof starts to leak just two months after it was installed, and it is obviously the fault of the roofer. The roofer refuses to come out and fix it without you paying for this repair, despite it being their fault.
- Despite clear weather conditions, the asphalt shingles are losing their granules very quickly. This has resulted in numerous bare patches or slightly different colored sections all over the roof of your home. If you want this fixed, you are looking at installing a new roof.
These circumstances can make any homeowner almost feel sick with worry. A roof is a large investment, one that you want to make sure is not wasted.
Ultimately, without a strong warranty, it is equivalent to throwing money down the drain; you will be replacing this roof sooner than you thought.
A warranty ultimately gives you peace of mind in knowing you have chosen a high-quality product and the right roofers for this product.
It lets you rest easy knowing your home is protected, and if something should happen to your roof, you know the professionals are standing behind it.
Where To Find The Best Warranty
As a GAF Master Elite certified contractor, Houston Roofing and Construction is able to offer the best roofing warranty on the market.
A typical warranty from most roofing companies will consist of:
- A 10-year warranty on the shingle material only, also known as an ‘off the bag warranty’ (does not cover remove and replace labor, or any shingle accessories)
- No manufacturer support on installation or workmanship
- A workmanship warranty may be offered by the company, but since the average lifespan of a roofing company is four years, this may not be worth the paper it is written on.
Here at Houston Roofing & Construction, we have several warranty options available, with the GAF Golden Pledge Warranty being our strongest. This warranty includes the following:
- The product materials for up to 50 years
- The entire roofing system, including the flashing and vents for these 50 years
- 25 years of guaranteed workmanship
- A 40-point factory inspection to ensure this roof will work great for you
Our Master Elite certification by GAF to install their products is only given to around 3% of professional roofing contractors, and it is a show of just how great our workmanship really is.
How Can We Offer Such A Strong Warranty
For those who have been shopping around and looking at their roofing options, people often ask us how we can offer such a strong warranty. It is because we are GAF Master Elite Certified.
This means we only install the best of GAF products, and our entire team has been educated on the proper ways in which to do this. GAF itself knows just how durable their product is, and they only put their faith in those roofing contractors who are the best of the best.
As a local roofing company, we want the reassurance that our community of friends and families are secure in the roofs they choose for their homes. Becoming GAF Certified was just one last step to ensure we have a strong warranty to offer in addition to the many benefits of working with us.
Free Consultation For Your Roof Job
If your home is in need of a roof, we offer a free consultation that will outline just what is wrong with your roof as well as our recommendations for how to correct this. Purchasing a new roof can be overwhelming, but we will talk through your options and help provide the best solution for your Houston home.